Information that is submitted by users who register on the Website, such information as event listings, registration information and etc. are providing such information to City of Brantford staff. All information submitted will be used by City of Brantford staff to evaluate and enhance the services provided on the Website.
2. User Licence
Permission is granted by the City to access, use and view the Website for personal, non-commercial use only. This is the grant of a licence not a transfer of title and under the licence you may not:
- Modify or copy the materials for any and all commercial use;
- Use the materials for any commercial purpose or for any public display;
- Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software and code contained on the myBrantford Website;
- Remove any copy right or other proprietary notations from the material; and
- Transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
3. Permitted and Prohibited Uses
You agree to use the Website only to send messages, information, data, text, images or other materials and receive downloaded messages, information, data, text, images or other materials from the Website that are proper and related to the purpose of the Website.
4. Registration and Password
ls provided by you as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request or to edit.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your registration/log-in information and your password. You shall be responsible for this information whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify the City of any unauthorized use of this information.
5. Proprietary Rights
- Limited License and Copyright. This Website, including all content, is protected by Canadian and worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. You agree to comply with all copyright laws worldwide in your use of this Website and to prevent any unauthorized copying of the content. Except as expressly provided herein, the City does not grant any express or implied right or license to you under any intellectual property right, including under any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, or confidential information, of the City.
- Trademarks. The service names, company names and logos used on this Website may be trademarks, including registered trademarks of the City. Service names, company names and logos of the City may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of the City. Other services and company names mentioned on this Website may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Reservation of Rights. The City services, methods and processes may be covered by one or more patents or other intellectual property rights, and are subject to trade secret and other proprietary rights. The City reserves all such rights.
- Software. Any software, as well any files or images generated by such software, code and data accompanying such software (the “Software”), used or accessible through this Website is the copyrighted work of the City or its licensors. Unless provided for elsewhere, you are licensed to use the Software on a non-exclusive basis for the purposes expressly stated on this Website. Except as permitted by law, you may not use the Software for any other purpose or attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the Software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Website.
6. Linking Agreement
The City welcomes links to its Website. If you want to link to this Website, the City grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to use the City’s trademarks and internet icons, if available, solely for the purpose of serving as a link from your website to this Website.
In addition, you must comply with the following conditions:
- A link may only be established to the home page of this site: https://myBrantord.ca,
- You acknowledge that all rights to the trademarks and internet icons, if available, and all content appearing on the Website pages belong to the City and you will not at any time contest or infringe these rights.
- Your web site shall not:
- alter the visual presentation of the City’s Website;
- imply that the City is endorsing you or your products or services;
- imply an affiliation between your company and the City;
- may not misrepresent your relationship with the City or present false or misleading impressions about the City’s Website services, and
- contain materials that may be interpreted as distasteful or offensive and should be appropriate for all age groups.
- The City shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website.
- The City may at any time, in its sole discretion immediately terminate your license to use the trademarks and internet icons and your right to link to this Website, with or without cause. If the City exercised this right, you will immediately remove all links to the Website and cease using the trademarks and Internet icons.
Certain links on this Website may take you to other websites. The City provides these links only as a convenience. Following such links is entirely at the risk of the user and the City makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of any information obtained from any such link.
You acknowledge that any use of or reliance on this Website or any content shall be at your sole risk. The City makes no representation or warranty of any kind regarding the Website and/or content of material including the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on the Website. The City does not warrant that this Website will continue to operate, operate without interruptions or that it will be error free.
9. Limitation of Liability
You agree that the City and any third party mentioned on this Website will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damages whatsoever, including without limitation indirect, special or consequential damages or other damages (including without limited damages for harm to business, loss of information or programs or date, loss of savings, loss of revenue), arising from or in connection with the use of or access to, or the inability to use or access, this Website, the materials, any content provided or any linked Website of third party, even if the City, or such a third party has been advised of the possibility of such damage or loss. In any event, you agree that the City’s aggregate liability for damages shall be limited to $100.
Web Accessibility Statement
The City of Brantford is committed to creating an accessible online environment for all visitors to its web site. If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of our web site, please contact:
City of Brantford IT Services
Our web site makes use of industry-standard techniques and best practices to provide the highest possible level of web site accessibility for our users. These include:
- Any and all information conveyed with colour is still readable if a user is unable to distinguish colour.
- Any image used on our web site will contain a textual description that will be read out loud within your screen reader.
- Link text or phrases have been rewritten to make senses when read out loud by a screen reader.
- All font-sizes found on our web site use relative units of measurement. This makes scaling the font-size of our web site easier and more consistent.
- Cascading Style Sheets (or CSS) have been used to control the look and feel of our web site. If your browser is unable to use style sheets, the information within our site will still be accessible to the user.
- All web pages use headings to create a proper document structure, which can be used by some screen readers. To cycle through the headings on any given web page, press the 'H' key on your keyboard. You may cycle backwards through the headings by pressing both the 'Shift' and letter 'H' keys together.
- Some of our content is in PDF format only. We are working towards reducing our dependence on PDFs for use on our web site, and training staff to provide content in more accessible formats.
- Due to conditions beyond our control, there are some instances where we are unable to provide information in an accessible format. We will be monitoring these sections, and develop an accessible solution as technology improves
The terms and conditions outlined in the following Privacy Statement apply to all users, staff, general public, businesses and services. You may browse throughout our website without disclosing any of your personal information unless you decide to do so at your own discretion.
The Corporation of the City of Brantford is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information, which is protected under “ The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.” The Corporation of the City of Brantford will not use your personal information other than for the reason stated. If we need to use it for any other means, we are required by law to inform you. The City of Brantford will not sell, share, rent or disclose your personal information to any persons, businesses, services or third parties including government institutions or authorities except if required or permitted by law.
Each of the departments and divisions to which personal information is submitted has a statement of privacy and use, and the personal information that is collected is protected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The Corporation of the City of Brantford has the authority to collect personal information under the Municipal Act, 2001, and any applicable laws that permit us to collect personal information.
This Privacy Statement is related only to the City of Brantford and its departments and divisions. It does not apply to any other websites to which we have provided links.
If you have any concerns or questions or problems about this policy or collection of personal information collected on this site, please contact:
The Corporation of the City of Brantford
100 Wellington Square
P.O. Box 818, N3T 5R7
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Attention: Freedom of Information Coordinator